Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Boat Ride

If airplanes were meant to soar the skies, then boats were made to journey bodies of water. I am not a water buff. I do not swim but instead is fashioned on splashing myself with bits of water. But I love the beach, the sunsets and sunrises and the scenery under water. I would love to know how to swim and to dive so that I can peak at what lies beneath the waters. But I am afraid. Like everyone has their own fears, some of heights, some of snakes and other animals. Mine is purely and simply, the deep waters and the strong waves. Even with a life jacket, I have fear that I will get drowned or if not, I would lie afloat in the waters with no direction. I am afraid the currents may just pull me to somewhere unknown.
So that is how a boat has been to me. As uniquely shaped as it is, it is tasked to explore the seas, oceans and other waters safely - to get to an island securely. But the boat may find it's flaws in functionality and may sink. But I am not afraid even if the boat would dangle with the big waves. As long as I am aboard that boat or ship. Even Coron's bamboo raft kept me secured in the waters of Kayangan Lake. I remember then, that I did sit on the bamboo raft like a queen.
But I would like to know what lies beneath the boat. I would like to explore further. Would I drown? Would I be caught with the strong currents of the sea? Would I remain afloat until the very life draws out of me. Will I challenge myself to wager my life without a boat only to see what else is still there. I want to find a bridge somewhere. I'll cross it in case i find one and once I get there.
The waters and the scenes will always catch my eyes. Will I remain on a boat ride? As my zest for exploration doesn't end, I will forever remain curious. I will be afraid lesser. I will come in contact more with the waters. I am beginning to love the water and conquer my fears. But will it suffice? Will it be worth it?
The element of surprise may give me joy but the journeys I am set to put my feet on wills me to expect beauty like Coron. What if it's unlike Coron? What if Mindoro and Boracay fades and wanes? Will I still cling to the boat ride? Expectation not met is a dawning soul. But I will be oblivious just so I can see a glimpse of wonder.

Qualifying As A Boat: The Bamboo Raft in Coron

A Boat Ride to the Islands with Clau and Zye

A Snapshot of a Ship in Coron

The Waters, The Boats, The Fishermen and the Islands

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews