Saturday, November 12, 2011

Let's Dance

Jack of all trades but master of none. Yes, I am a self-confessed jack of all trades. If there was no word for what I wanted to express, perhaps I'll be creating my own dictionary (lol)! Yes, I am a dreamer. Besides being a frustrated pianist, I too wanted to be a ballerina. But my bones are too brittle that I thought it would crack at bending (lol)! Luckily, I didn't have 2 left feet at all. Yes, I love dancing - from jazz to hiphop and the other dances, I sure did it all once in my life! Whether in school as a requirement, at different occasions or at home, dancing with the music or without any music at all (lol)!
That is why I had the time of my life when my sister invited me to watch her at one of the University of Baguio concert entitled UB Graces. To my amazement, they featured dances from Ethnic to Folk Dance to Ballroom Dance to Contemporary Dances including that underground dance style called "Crumping or Krumping "! If there was versatility in dancing, I give them not only a thumbs up but hands up (lol)!I was awed and wowed by the performances that I so wanted to capture every moment but they were too fast for a newbie like me. But the photos by CSA who was working her feet and hands to keep up with the beat of capturing moments were pretty good. So I'll let you in to the groove and say, let's dance!!!

This says it all: Everybody has the inner G for Grace!

An Ethnic Dance Called Pattung: Consists of Putting Together Clay Pots on the Head without Breaking Them. (Good thing, not one pot was broken or else the floor manager would have to clean up the whole place... lol!)

A Muslim Dance: Sitting Like a Queen on Two Bamboo Sticks (Wow!)

The "Pinasikat na Baso" Dance: I never thought there was this kind of Folk Dance using glasses as an accessory other than for drinking. Filipinos really are imaginative (lol)!

Rigodon Dance: By my Sister "Cha"

Real Ballerina: Wish I could be in her shoes (lol)!

A Contemporary Jazz: With lifts and all (this was one of my favorites during the performance)

A' La Broadway: Spell Spectacular!

Girl Power and the Swagger

Crumping: How I wish I could do that (lol)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews