Thursday, May 12, 2011

Insomnia Wills Me to Sleep

I wanted to sleep but I can't. It has been the third night where I've been writing and writing. Night and day I've been busy trying to beat deadlines. Pausing for a moment or savoring a few hours for me to sleep. I haven't written a blog for days. I have loved to write in between time but the mind runs out of ideas. But I still wrote didn't I?
The trips I've planned have been booked. But like anyone would say, I have to wait. As zye puts it patience is a virtue. And I will, I really will. There's a part of me saying that somehow all my trips would cease. Just because I'm on to better things. Like a child playing, my travels would soon be subdued. For there are greater explorations I have to make. Into roads where I will trudge. I am excited. I think it's what keeps me awake.
I have to tell myself this time that patience is a virtue. And to take life step by step. I will be forever indebted to life and the process of learning.
I will write to share every thought and every happy feeling. I will forever remember peoples' faces. I will forever remember moments. I will forever remember places. I've looked up to other people's travel blogs. As I've read them, I wanted to be in the places where they have been. A picture paints a thousand words. In turn, I look back through my albums and wished that people could see what others have inspired me - the beauty of life. The element of surprise is always an amazement. It makes me want for more. But contentment should become a status in life rather than a state of mind.
I long for the waves of the beach. The sunsets and sunrises. But I have my pen to write figuratively. I have to be contented for now. You cannot be at two places at the same time unless there's two of you. You cannot  be a jack of all trades and a master of none. Someday, you're gonna choose head or tails. But until that moment, leave it be.
Now, I am sleepy but before I put myself to slumber I'll be listening to music. It soothes the soul. It really does. I chanced upon this song. Hope it does its work. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews