Thursday, June 30, 2011

Harness: A Zipline Adventure

I never was an adventurous girl. When I was young (considering that I still am... lol), I was the type who would sit in a corner and keep silent. If I was called then i would respond with a soft voice. But as people grow up, the adventurism in me always kept up with the thirst to earn knowledge and find room for experience. That's why no matter how scared I was of ziplines. I did try it!
I had the adventure in the Treetop Adventure in Subic Zambales. To go through the harness was in tandem. Meaning there should be two of you. I was prodded to try the zipline by Zye then. We waited anxiously for our turn with nerves wrecking. But in the end, it was Zye who did a lot of the screaming and the knees shaking. Sorry, Zye. I had to tell this experience.
But the ziplines are purely addictive, I did another zipline at one of the longest and perhaps highest zipline. It was in Pugad Pugo La Union. I was amazed how they don't have any platforms for the hand and feet like those at treetop back in Subic. It seems that with the air, the body finds balance in itself. But I was quite worried about their safety features. It was technically twice the length of the Subic zipline and twice as high. I was stuck in the middle because of the wind they say. I held up being superwoman. But minutes after, little did I realize that the zipline kept my knees weak. My knees were shaking after the so-called flight.
I hear there are other ziplines around... Cagayan de Oro, Cebu and even Baguio Camp John Hay. For the adventurous type, it's a must. It's the "in" thing nowadays. More than that it's addictive.
If you're asking me if I'll be trying another zipline experience. Maybe, I will! For the experience, there's nothing like feeling like a bird up high. People always wanted to aim for the skies even though the wind may blow.
I'll reach the sky if it needs be and I'll cross the bridge when I get there. In this case, I'll cross the zipline once I get there (lol)!
Hanging from Above: In Tandem with Friend Zye

The Harness: And I am ready to Fly

Spreading My Wings in Violet Jeans (lol)

1 comment:

  1. This looks like SO MUCH FUN! What a great day :)

    Kanab Zipline

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews