Tuesday, August 30, 2011

San, Jose Tarlac: A Farm Story


I am a city girl. Having been born and raised in Baguio City, I have not been a fan of the provincial life until I was able to experience it myself - the simpler and more rugged life. Ever since then I have tried to experience what Henry David Thoreau has said “Simplify! Simplify! Simplify!”
This is what the long weekend has been for me. It was an invitation from Tita Janet to visit her farm in San Jose, Tarlac. At first we were hesitant to come along because typhoon Mina was up. We never regretted it when we experienced the fun of the simple life. Of course, I was lazing inside the tent and sometimes sharing stories with people who have been more like a family to me through the years. The food was great and although the place was a little muddy because of the rain, all in all it was a one of a kind experience. It was my first time to actually go camping.
We stayed in a tent meant for two people and continued under the tree house to eat sumptuous meals and “merienda”. While I was trying to secure myself, I would catch a glimpse of the children braver than me to meddle with the affairs of a farmer’s life. There was a nearby pond where one could fish and places where one could plant seeds. It was part of the itinerary that weekend to plant trees but because of the rain, we weren’t able to do so. But still some, especially the children, were not afraid to get wet and dirty. Here are the snapshots of what simple life is all about.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews