Sunday, May 1, 2011

Taste Buds

La Union has always been a second home to me. It has been an escape from the bustling and mountainous ambience of Baguio City. Here, I can see the beach and find new environment where I meet different people everyday. Most of them have been influential in my explorations in life.
So after San Juan, I’m off to where I’m normally at – San Fernando City. To start things right, I usually end up dining at Golden Society. If you are fond of Chinese cuisine, then this place may fit your taste buds. But don’t worry, because the budget may also be just like your taste buds – just right on your pocket. It is one place where you can dine in groups without emptying your pockets. Jhe’s “balikbayan” mom treated us to a wonderful lunch with much stories about life in Hong Kong as an overseas Filipino worker, zest about life and love for family beyond distance. Hmmm… there goes my next destination plan sometime next year.
After a splendid meal, we went to Jhe’s aunt’s house. She married a British and I might say their tastes about architecture, decorations, furniture and almost everything are really befitting a home of substance. We were lucky to get a tour around their house and take pictures. It was a palatial home that “little princess” Mariella could grow in. I call their child a little princess. The rooms were spacious with closet rooms and a spacious comfort room with bath tubs and a shower room. The house was brimming with expensive chandeliers that illuminate the beauty of the painted walls and curtains. I chanced upon a wooden horse carefully tucked in the sala with pathways made of interior pillars. Even the staircase towards the second floor is uniquely decorated. I remember once that my father describes British houses as more beautiful inside than its exteriors. But in this case, the house was beautiful inside and out. We were told that they were planning to put a pool outside the house. But with a view of the sea from the veranda, who needs that much water? But I believe that with a pool it would be more like pure heaven. If you’re asking me if I could build a dream house, then surely I’ll tell you this house specifically fits my taste buds. Once you see the whole house; clearly, it would be to your fancy!

Golden Society with the STI College La Union Family

Meeh with Princess Mariella and Jhe

View from Upstairs

A Stolen Shot: What are we Looking for in Mariella's Bathroom
Who says you can't take pictures in the bathroom???

Mirrored Dining Table: Notice the Reflections?
The Tiled Floor

Posing with the New Wooden Horse

A Splendid Snapshot of the Staircase and the Ambitious Chandelier

A Colorful View from the Gate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews