Monday, June 6, 2011

Saving Our Philippine Seas: A Plea to All

I am not much of a beach bum... But once i started to see the fishes and the corals of the sea... I learn to conquer my fears one by one... Such is the result of my deep appreciation for beauty of Mother Earth...
I remember that when I was only in Grade 6, I started this advocacy towards defending Camp John Hay from Taiwanese based developers.... Now, Camp John Hay has been developed no matter how hard our plea was then... It has become a place only for the rich.... But I had no regrets, as young as I was then, at least I had my own stand... my own belief... Now, I am making another stand... another belief... And I am hoping that my plea together with the others will be heard... This is to help save our Philippine seas...
I remember a beauty queen being asked how many archipelagos do the Philippines have. She asked in return... "high tide or low tide?"... True enough, the Philippines has a lot of archipelagos... This means also that it is surrounded by the seas and its wonders... I am lucky to have traveled and glimpse a few of them even though diving was never my style... But to have snorkeled through the waters have made me promise that I will go back to places like Coron and Puerto Princesa and will soon find a glimpse of Mindoro reefs and other places... At the same time, I vow to share every experience and every beauty that comes with the seas... So that in turn, we can all preserve what we have left....


A Clown Fish Amongst Corals


A Star Fish in Dos Palmas... We did return it to the Seas After Taking Pictures


A Picturesque of the Sea

God's Artistry: The Colorful Seas

A Clown Fish in Coron

Habitat: Where Finding Nemo can be Found

A View of the Coral Reefs

All About Fishes

Banana Island Creatures: At 2 Feet Deep you can Find these Bio-Diversity

The Sting Ray at Bulog Island: Known as a Good Delicacy it's time to stop bringing them into our palate!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews